Tuesday, February 17, 2015

IN FULL BLOOM

It's finally spring! :D

Spring has blessed me with a bit of a creative streak, restlessness, and the need for change so I've been busy redecorating my room to welcome the new season. 'Tis the season for pastels, nudes, creams, and white and I can't be more excited for the end result :)

My room lacks a bit of life, so I thought I'd buy some greenery. I currently have some fake roses in the couple vases that I brought back from college. In college, fake flowers were perfect because they required no maintenance and I never had to worry about killing them. I have nothing against fake flowers even now, but they lack the freshness and radiance that actual flowers possess. Although fresh flowers can be quite pricey (especially this time of year), I wanted to treat myself to some. I decided to go with Baby's Breath, a flower I've grown fond of since one of my friends made me a Baby's Breath bouquet for my last birthday. How awesome is it that its full name is Million Star Gypsophila (or Gypsophila Million Star)?? It's a pretty rockstar name for a flower if you ask me.



These flowers consist of sprays of little white flowers which look like
1.) Baby's breath. Yep, surprise surprise. These flowers literally look like a baby sneezed directly into a pile of baby powder, letting forth a billowing cloud of white.
2.) Stars! From far away, one bunch looks like a cluster of white stars. It didn't really occur to me until I saw the label on the plastic wrapping with its full name on it, and I had this little ha I see what you did there moment. A several sprigs of these in a vase would look really nice against a black background; it'd have a mini Milky Way effect~

Smell-wise...they're not the best. If you take a whiff up close, the smell starts out a bit sweet (kind of like honey) and then gets abruptly sharp. I have a sensitive nose so I tend to avoid flowers with overbearing odors, but the Baby's Breath doesn't really bother me unless I keep taking whiffs up close. The scent is really subtle from as little as a foot away so it's not unpleasant.

I'm also very much in love with the containers I put the flowers in. They're milk-white on the outside, and baby blue+pink on the inside. I bought them from Michaels with the intent of making them makeup brush containers but when I got home to put my brushes in they sank beneath the brim because they weren't long enough. I need to find a way to pad the bottom so I can elevate my brushes but for now I can't be bothered. I'm content with the vase look~

What do you think of the flower+vase combo? Do you like the look?

Cheers, 
xx Cece

No comments:

Post a Comment